Thoughts and Italian Kisses
JULY 2015 — Fireworks. Festivals. Frolicking by the fountains. This is a great time of year in Boston. I am spending more time at the Boston Athenaeum writing and at the North End absorbing the culture.
Enjoy Italian Kisses: A Cannoli Wedding Memory from the NorthEndWaterfront.com
Relationships: To the right is a feed from my Psychology Today articles ranging from love hints to current topics for Baby Boomers and elders. These appear in With Love and Gratitude.
Rita Watson, MPH, became a columnist after many years at the New York Times and Director of Policy and Education at Yale’s psychiatry department. Her focus was on advocacy and informed consent based on studies at Yale’s Department of Public Health at the medical school and the Yale Law School. She is an Associate Fellow at Yale’s Ezra Stiles College. (See Bio/Books link)
A member of the National Press Club, today Rita Watson brings readers new research and advice through “With Love and Gratitude” at PsychologyToday.com.
Follow Rita Watson on Twitter @ LoveColumnist
- “Complimenters” and “Ghosters”: Is There Room in Your Tent?
- How to Deal With "Stop, I Don’t Want to Talk About It"
- When Love Is Rejected: 8 Ways to Cope in a Texting World
- Music and Art Stir Us in a Tweeting World
- 12 Bliss Tips: Love and Gratitude Can Reduce Stress
- Love Lies: 7 Tips for Relationship Clarity
- Create a Solitude Space and Find Your Gratitude Voice
- Let Me Be Your Boy-Toy: Age, Ethics, and Sex
- How to Turn "If Only" Worries into Positive Alternatives
- A Date With Self: 14 Ways to Find Solitude and Its Benefits
- Rebound Love: 10 Tips for Healing a Heart After a Breakup
- Aging-in-Place May Be a Fountain of Youth Secret
- Synchronicity Can Signal Love Moments or Breakthroughs
- Compassion: Living, Loving, and Dying
- Next of Kin Healthcare Dilemma is Stressful at Any Age
- Looking for Mr. Right? 16 Questions to Consider
- 16 Breaking up Tips and How Journaling Eases Heartbreak
- A Betrayal Anxiety Quiz for Women in an Unequal Workplace
- Women’s Pay Gap: Is it Children, Expectations, or Feminism?
- 4 Ways to Thwart the Serenity Stealers
- When your heart is broken, you need human contact, ProJo
- When the Wandi Family Story Changed
- Grandma’s Olive Oil Secret, Projo
- Time alone, Providence Journal
- Restoring a sense of gratitude, Projo
- May Memories with Grandparents, Good Food and a Good Cigar
- A Memory: Sunday dinner with Grandma and Grandpa, ProJo
- Resiliency: Thoughts on springing forward
- Remembering Grandma and Grandpa on a Musical Afternoon
- During times of change serenity comes through forgiveness and gratitude
- Visits with Grandma are delicious memories
- Embracing Valentine’s Day with Love
- Italian Kisses: Sugar Roses on a Wintery Day, Projo
- Embrace the New Year with Gratitude and a New You, Projo
- An Italian Family Tradition: Struffoli Day
- Bring Romance into Your Holiday, Projo
- The Italian Christmas Tree Challenge, ProJo
- How to Express and Feel Gratitude, ProJo
- Grandma’s Politics and Puttanesca, ProJo
- Wear A Smile, Providence Journal